After a long drive through Turkey along the Black Sea coast. Border crossing was easy with the help of very friendly personnel.
Some observations made already:
- Traffic is more challenging compared to Turkey.
- More cars than usual are missing bumpers and grilles…
- There are a lot of Toyota Prius cars – first generation – and some of these, similar to the other “normal” cars, produce blue smoke… But hey, It’s hybrid!
- there are a lot of Delica space wagons (L400) here.
- The L300 is quite exotic: it proves to be a head turner in this country.
For landscape, Georgia is diverse: the lowlands (still hilly) are almost tropical in this time of year (July) while in the mountains it can be compared to the Alps. Although peaks are higher.
Outside the cities where there is farm-able land, the private properties are forming a closed barrier along the roads, Making it a bit harder to find a camp spot. But still we found nice places despite this fact.
We already visited upper and lower Svaneti, and are continuing clockwise to see the most of Georgia.